Stop using the Vodafone service center number for your alarm systems and other monitoring!
Stop using the Vodafone TAP gateway access number +447785499993 for your alarm TAP to Text (SMS) messaging. Its unreliable and is not a dedicated managed TAP gateway!
Its time you switched to OpenTAP, established since 2012-2018 and its the UK’s only official TAP gateway which has been approved by Texecom and Honeywell.
How do I register to use the OpenTAP gateway?
- First of all you need to register all mobile numbers which are to receive text message alerts with us by clicking on the big orange register online now button.
- Please log into your device which supports TAP gateway messaging. E.g Alarm systems, pagers, networking device or other similar devices.
- Locate the TAP dial-up gateway messaging settings.
- Insert the following gateway access number within UK 09117329997 (intl.+448726149997). If you are having trouble accessing this number from your phone line then please use 08709450999 (intl. +448709450999).
- Make sure the mobile which messages are going to be sent to are input with international country code plus mobile number without any leading zeros eg. in the UK replace 07987654321 for 447987654321, otherwise it will not work!
- Save settings!