TAP to SMS Text, Alarm Text Messaging, SMS Alarms, Text Message Alarm Notifications, TAP Gateway.
“The UK’s No.1 TAP Gateway, recommended by Texecom, Honeywell and Pyronix”.
Does your security alarm system, pager or other device use TAP to Mobile SMS text message alerts?
FranzCom has the solution for you! Our dial-up TAP to Mobile SMS text and email messaging gateway is completely free of charge to use, you only pay for the call to the dial-up access phone line! All you have to do is register with us, its easy!
We provide a 2 in 1 service! TAP to Mobile SMS text messaging and for double backup in case of mobile network outage we have TAP to Email as well, sending you message alerts to your registered email address. So having SMS and Email alerts means total coverage up time. Genius!
While your mobile carrier may not understand the importance of the need for TAP messaging in the area of security, IT network and industrial monitoring, FranzCom and our partners do!
What is TAP?
“Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol (TAP) is the industry standard for sending out-of-band alphanumeric messages to mobile phones and pagers.”
“OpenTAP gateway is ideal for network and IT managers that need a reliable way to receive automated network and messaging alerts, in the event their network is down.”
“OpenTAP gateway can be used by security alarm base companies, its FREE to register and you can start using the service today…. so go on try it!”
How does TAP work?
Telocator Alphanumeric Protocol (TAP) is the industry-standard protocol for submitting text messages to cellular phones or alphanumeric pagers. The sender uses a TAP software client to send messages to the OpenTAP gateway using a dial-up modem. Many mobile network and paging providers offer their own TAP gateways, unfortunately, many of them are often unreliable and unsupported by these carriers. Many carriers have either discontinued their support for TAP or never plan on offering the service. Furthermore, since each carrier has their own TAP gateway, each with its own access number, settings, and quirks, managing these separate gateways can be a hassle.
OpenTAP is a reliable and fully-supported TAP gateway service that can be used to replace the cumbersome TAP service provided by your current carrier. Simply replace all of your different TAP client access numbers with a single TAP gateway access number. With OpenTAP gateway, you’ll have a single TAP access number, single protocol settings, and a single management interface to manage all of your mobile devices and message logs.
Number costs and other information
OpenTAP gateway is a free service operated by FranzCom, as we believe in keeping things simple and easy to use!
- Setup Fee: £0.00 FREE
- Line Rental: £0.00 FREE
- Call Usage: £0.00 FREE
- Call to Caller: Calls cost 50p per minute, plus your telephone network provider access charge
- Call Charges: No additional call costs
- Message Forwarding: Free delivery of all texts and email messages
- Billing: Not applicable
- Managed Service 24/7
- Technical Support
- Cisco Grade Equipment
- TAP to Mobile SMS Text and Email Messaging Gateway = total mobile coverage, double the backup on your report messages!
- Can be used with fire and security alarms, paging systems, networks, and other supported devices, allowing you to receive regular reports by Mobile SMS Text and Email messaging.
- Supports all legacy and modern dial-up modems up to 56K. OpenTAP gateway also supports digital modem connections with ISDN.
- Works with all major local and international mobile phone providers Worldwide.
- When all else fails including IP or GSM signalling is down, good old modem to modem dial-up always works! With OpenTAP you are sure to always get the alert message by Mobile SMS Text and Email.
How do I register to use the OpenTAP gateway?
- First of all, you need to register all mobile numbers which are to receive text message alerts with us by clicking on the big orange register online now button.
- Please log into your device which supports TAP gateway messaging. E.g Alarm systems, pagers, networking device or other similar devices.
- Locate the TAP dial-up gateway messaging settings.
- Insert the following gateway access number within UK 09117329997 (intl.+448726149997).
- Make sure that the mobiles which messages are going to be sent to are input with international country code plus mobile number without any leading zeros eg. in the UK replace 07987654321 for 447987654321, otherwise, it will not work!
- Save settings!
PLEASE NOTE: OpenTAP gateway also works without having to register your receiving mobile phone numbers. By just simply inputting the gateway access number within UK 09117329997 (for international users, please input +448726149997 and remember to follow step 5 of the above mentioned). If you wish to receive email message alerts as well as text messages, you will still have to register.
There is no catch and no hidden charges. We operate and manage this free of charge service by taking a share of the revenue generated by all calls made to the access number. Calls to 09117329997 cost £0.50p per minute, plus your telephone network provider access charge. If your device is not working properly and dials the access number, you may be charged for these calls. We hold no responsibility for end-user call costs incurred due to faulty or wrongly configured devices. It is the duty of the end-user to make sure that their device is functioning correctly at all times.
All prices include VAT @ 20% unless otherwise stated.